Gluten-Free Coconut Chicken Tenders
These tasty coconut chicken tenders are loved by kids and adults alike!
If you don’t like coconut, replace the coconut flour with rice flour and the shredded coconut with gluten-free breadcrumbs.
1/2 cup coconut flour or rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 grinds fresh black pepper
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon oil of choice
1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
1/3 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
3. Put both shredded coconuts in a bowl.
4. Lightly beat an egg with the tablespoon of oil.
5. Dip chicken pieces in flour to coat evenly. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then coat with coconut mixture.
6. Place chicken in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted coconut oil, butter or margarine.
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once.