Gluten-Free Apple Pie Recipe
Here is a classic gluten-free apple pie that is perfect for autumn occasions. Enjoy this gluten-free apple pie at your Thanksgiving celebration, or as a seasonal gluten-free dessert any other time!
[Updated October 26, 2016]
This gluten-free apple pie recipe has a filling that's just the right combination of tart and sweet. You'll only need six simple gluten-free ingredients to make this classic apple pie recipe. The gluten-free apple pie can easily be made dairy-free, and you can even bake a pie crust that is egg-free too!
For more tips on baking a truly excellent gluten-free pie, click here.
Here's what you'll need to create this timeless gluten-free dessert:
6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into ľ-inch pieces
2-3 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend of choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅔ cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free alternative, melted
2 gluten-free†pie crusts, one partially baked
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place apples into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour mix, cinnamon and sugar, mixing until it's a uniform color. Sprinkle mixture over the apples and combine gently until apples are evenly coated.
4. Mound apples into partially baked gluten free bottom crust. Drizzle butter over the fruit.
5. Top filling with second gluten free pie crust and crimp edges to seal.
6. Brush top crust with egg wash. Or brush with high-protein milk of choice and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake gluten fee pie in preheated oven for one hour or until fruit is tender and crust is golden brown. If pie needs to bake longer, cover it lightly with foil to prevent over-browning.