Gluten-Free Roasted Garbanzo Beans
MAKES 2 CUPS
These tasty beans make a super-nutritious snack. Use them to top salads in place of croutons.
2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (frozen or one 15½-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano, marjoram or Herbes de Provence
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, place beans, olive oil and seasonings. Mix to combine well.
3. Spread beans in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until lightly browned.
5. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until served.