Gluten-Free Spaghetti Squash Recipe: Italian Style
Makes 8 servings of Italian-style spaghetti squash!
Save calories with this tasty gluten-free side dish. One cup of plain spaghetti squash (without oil or cheese) contains 31 calories versus ½ cup gluten-free spaghetti that’s 210.
1 (2-pound) spaghetti squash
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese of choice, optional
1½ cups marinara sauce, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Wash the outside of the squash and pierce it with a knife or fork. Set on prepared pan.
3. Place squash in preheated oven and bake about 1 hour or until it’s soft when pierced with a fork.
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Then cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
5. Scrape strands of squash into a serving bowl. Toss with salt, pepper, olive oil and cheese, if using, and serve with warm marinara sauce.