Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Truffle Recipe
Makes 12 gluten-free, dairy-free truffles!
Finally, indulgence without guilt! No one will suspect that the rich, creamy texture of these gluten-free chocolate truffles comes from avocado. Pure maple syrup delivers just enough sweetness. These truffles are softer than conventional truffles. Serve them chilled in mini-cupcake papers and eat them with a spoon.
3.5 ounces dark chocolate
½ cup mashed ripe avocado (about 1 avocado)
2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon, shredded coconut, crushed pistachios or toppings of choice
1. Place dark chocolate into a small saucepan and warm very gently over low heat, stirring until melted.
2. Pour melted chocolate into a medium bowl. Add mashed avocado and maple syrup and stir until ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Place toppings of choice in small bowls.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough out of bowl and shape into equal-size balls with your hands. Roll them, one at a time, in toppings until evenly covered. Gently transfer covered truffles from topping bowls to mini-cupcake papers.
5. Arrange on a platter, cover and store in refrigerator or freezer (depending on desired firmness) until served. Serve cold.