Contributing chef Mary Capone is author of The Gluten Free Cookbook: Classic Cuisine from the Italian Countryside (The Wheat Free Gourmet Press).Yields 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter, peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, Sriracha or gluten- free hot sauce, to taste
1Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat. Stir until nut butter and coconut milk combine.
2Continue stirring over low heat until sauce is smooth.
3Refrigerate sauce in a sealed container until used.