Seasonal vegetables and fruit make the best salad in a summertime supper. Spices heighten the flavor of this recipe and add extra anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant polyphenols, beneficial for digestive and bone health.
Contributing chef Sueson Vess is a food coach, cooking instructor and author of Special Eats.Yields 6 servings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 small cantaloupe, cut into small cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 ounces chopped salami or summer sausage, optional
1In a large bowl, combine olive oil, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, cardamom, coriander, salt, pepper and garlic.
2Fold in cucumber and melon. Let sit 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3Top with avocado and salami (if using) and serve.