For Memorable Stuffing
Here’s a quick way to make bread cubes for delicious holiday stuffing. Bake this bread on a cookie sheet and it’s ready to cube. This recipe also makes Savory Dinner Rolls.
1 cup white rice flour
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup tapioca starch
½ cup potato starch
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning*
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
½ cup dry milk powder or dry potato flakes, optional
1 tablespoon xanthan gum or guar gum
1 tablespoon yeast
3 large eggs, room temperature
¼ cup oil of choice
1 cup water, warm to touch, more or less as needed
– Olive oil, for spraying
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×18-inch rimmed sheet pan.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine rice flours, tapioca starch, potato starch, seasonings, salt, sugar, milk powder, xanthan gum and yeast.
3. In a separate bowl, blend together eggs, oil and water.
4. Slowly add wet mixture to dry ingredients, blending on low speed until well blended and batter is soft and sticky.
5. Pour batter into prepared sheet pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Allow to cool.
6. Turn bread out of pan and cut into cubes. Return cubes to baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with more poultry seasoning, if desired. Bake for 15 minutes or until toasted.
For Savory Dinner Rolls, scoop batter into 12 greased muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until done.
Each roll contains 217 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 53mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g protein.