Start a tradition. These cute no-bake wonders are a simple way to make fun holiday treats. Kids love to participate in the easy assembly.
1½ cups sunflower seed butter or peanut butter
¾ cup powdered sugar
24 gluten-free mini cookies, divided
1 recipe White Icing
24 mini chocolate chips
12 pieces gluten-free small red candy of choice
24 gluten-free mini pretzels
12 popsicle sticks
1. In a medium bowl, mix sunflower seed butter and powdered sugar until well combined.
2. Place 1 teaspoon sunflower seed butter mixture on one side of 12 cookies. Set 2 mini pretzels side by side on top of each for “antlers.”
3. Place another teaspoon of sunflower seed butter mixture on the other 12 cookies and sandwich cookies together in pairs.
4. Gently place a popsicle stick into each cookie sandwich. Freeze cookies 10 to 15 minutes.
5. To make “eyes,” place 2 small dabs of White Icing on each cookie “face.” Top each dab with a mini chocolate chip. To make the “nose,” place a red candy on each “face,” using a dab of White Icing to glue it in place.
6. Return cookies to the freezer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes to set.
Each pop contains 297 calories, 19g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 13g sugars, 8g protein, 12Est GL.
MAKES ½ CUP
This simple recipe doubles as “glue” so that sprinkles and other decorative add-ons adhere to cookies.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon water, more as needed
1. Combine sugar and water, stirring into a thick paste. Add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to adjust “glue” to desired consistency.
Each tablespoon contains 29 calories, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 7g sugars, 0g protein, 5Est GL.