Sit-down breakfast on a school day?! This gluten-free Overnight French Toast lets you enjoy a delicious hot breakfast without the early-morning chaos. The make-ahead recipe is perfect for a filling breakfast before school or slow-going Sunday morning. Made with Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White bread and topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
½ cup of butter (you can use 1/2 cup of refined coconut oil to make this dairy free)
8 pieces of Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Mountain White Bread
½ cup of milk (you can use a milk alternative to make this dairy free)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of maple syrup
Berries and pecans for topping
1. In a baking pan, melt butter in the oven.
2. Place the bread in the pan, overlapping the bread slightly.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup and pour the mixture over the bread.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow for the bread to soak up all the liquid.
5. In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Sprinkle berries and pecans on top of the French toast and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the French toast turns golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Top with your favorite French toast toppings!