Here’s a healthier treat for your party monsters. You can whip up these delicious pumpkin smoothies in minutes, providing your guests with a nutritious snack. Double or triple the recipe for a larger crowd. Freeze leftovers in popsicle molds for a frozen treat you can enjoy later.
Contributor Chrystal Carver is a gluten-free food blogger and author of, Sweet & Simple Gluten-Free Baking: Irresistible Classics in 10 Ingredients or Less.
This recipe was originally published in September 2017.Yields 2 smoothies
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt of choice
- ¼ cup vanilla milk of choice
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice, more for garnish
- ½ cup shaved ice or 1 cup ice cubes
- Whipped cream or dairy-free whipped topping for garnish, optional
1Place ingredients in a blender in the order listed and process until smooth.
2Pour smoothies equally into two glasses. Garnish with additional pumpkin spice and top with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.