This recipe was originally published in 2008.
These candy-like treats, created by Sueson Vess, are free of gluten, dairy, egg and soy.
*TIP Gluten-free, dairy-free animal cookies are available from Orgran Natural Foods.Yields 24 balls
- 1 (6 or 7 ounce) box gluten-free, dairy-free animal cookies*
- 2¼ cups confectioner’s sugar, divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup pure orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup tapioca syrup or rice syrup
1In a food processor equipped with a blade, combine the cookies, 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder, orange juice concentrate and tapioca syrup. Process until the cookies are ground to crumbs and the mixture is evenly blended. Mixture will be moist.
2Transfer the mixture to a bowl and form into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in remaining ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar to coat. Store balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.