If you’re not a fan of olives, form one or more patties without them and then stir olives into the remaining meat. Diced feta cheese (if tolerated) is a good mix-in. For added Mediterranean flavor, serve gluten-free burgers topped with Gluten-Free Gremolata.
-Cooking oil, for brushing grill
1 pound lean ground pork
½ cup finely chopped oil-packed sundried tomatoes
½ cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
⅓ cup finely chopped Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño, optional
1 shallot, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 gluten-free buns, split horizontally
-Melted butter, optional
-Sliced tomato, optional
1. Preheat the grill. Brush the grate with cooking oil.
2. Place the pork in a large bowl. Add sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, jalapeno (if using), shallot and black pepper and mix together until ingredients are evenly incorporated. Form into 4 equal-size patties.
3. Place patties on preheated grill. Cover and cook 5 minutes per side, flipping patties once. When done, meat should register 160°F on a meat thermometer.
4. Brush sliced buns with melted butter (if using) and place buns on the grill, cut side down. Toast 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Arrange hot patties between buns. Top with Gremolata and sliced tomato, if desired.