Nutritional yeast and dill deliver a wonderful buttery-cheese flavor without the dairy. This recipe is a delicious way to increase dietary fiber and amp up your nutrient count.
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, divided
½ cup organic popcorn kernels
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
1 teaspoon dried dill
-Sea salt, to taste
1. Heat a large pan with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
2. Add popcorn, gently shaking the pan to coat the kernels with oil and distribute the oil over the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan.
3. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan until popping slows down, about 5 seconds between pops. Immediately remove pan from heat and dump popcorn into a waiting bowl.
4. Combine nutritional yeast and dill and set aside.
5. Drizzle warm popcorn with remaining 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil.
6. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast/dill mixture and mix well. Add sea salt, to taste. Serve.
Each cup contains 45 calories, 3g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 0g sugars, 1g protein, 2 Est GL.