Prepare the freshly squeezed lime juice ahead or have a bowl of lime wedges at hand. Cut thin slices of limes for a floating garnish.
Check out our favorite Prosecco here.
Contributing chef Mary Capone is author of The Gluten Free Italian Cookbook: Classic Cuisine from the Italian Countryside (The Wheat Free Gourmet Press) and co-author ofBest Gluten-Free Cookbook (Belvoir Media Group).Yields 1 martini
- 1 ounce potato vodka
- 1 ounce unsweetened cranberry juice (if using cranberry cocktail, omit agave)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2-3 lime wedges)
- Dash of agave syrup or pinch of sugar, if needed
- 2 ounces dry champagne or Prosecco sparkling wine
- Lime slices, thinly cut, for garnish
1Combine vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until ice breaks up and the shaker is very cold. Taste for tartness. If the drink is too tart, add a dash of agave syrup.
2Pour into a martini glass and top with champagne or Prosecco.
3Add a lime slice for garnish.