These light and fluffy cloud eggs are the perfect start to the day served with our Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread. A quick and easy start to a healthy day.
2 slices of Artisan Baker Multigrain bread
2 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of crushed red chili flakes
Butter if desired
1. Separate the eggs by placing the egg whites into a medium mixing bowl and reserving the egg yolks in 2 small ramekins, separated and being careful not to break the yolks.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a small sheet pan or baking dish with parchment paper.
3. With electric beaters or a standing mixer whip the egg whites on high until stiff peaks form, as you would a meringue.
4. Evenly divide the egg whites into 2 heaped mounds on the prepared sheet pan and with the back of a spoon create a well in the middle which will cradle the egg yolk. Be sure to build up the sides enough to hold the egg yolk.
5. Bake the egg whites at 450 degrees F for 2 minutes, then carefully add the egg yolks to the wells you made and season with a bit of salt and pepper and a pinch of crushed red chili flakes.
6. Bake a further 3 to 4 minutes until the egg yolks are cooked to your liking.
7. Serve straight away on the toast.