[Recipe courteously provided by Authentic Foods]
Finally, a gluten-free pizza crust so good that not even Italians can’t tell it’s gluten-free! This is a strong crust, perfect for holding all your toppings, made like a traditional pizza dough – just add water, oil and yeast! The dough will rise, in fact it will double to triple in size! Thanks to our 17-year research project to recreate wheat without gums, you’ll be able to stretch this dough just like you were stretching a traditional pizza! This flour is the perfect base for any style pizza, calzones, garlic knots, and much, much more!
MAKES 2 9-INCH CRUSTS.
1 package Authentic Foods Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
1.25 cups warm water
1 packet (7g) instant yeast
2 tablespoons Authentic Foods Gluten-Free Superfine White Rice Flour
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir in the yeast with flour.
2. Add the oil and the water to the mixture and mix well. This can be done by hand, or you can use the dough hook or paddle of your electric stand mixer.
3. Once a smooth dough is formed, divide it in half and form two dough balls
4. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet and allow to rise with a damp towel over them in a warm area for approximately 30-60 minutes. Be sure to leave some space between the dough balls, they will double to triple in size.
Tip: For that extra special flavor, many pizzerias, proof their dough for longer periods of time. You can do this too by making the dough the day before and allowing it to proof in the fridge. Take out the dough a few hours before you will use it to allow it to reach room temperature.
5. Take 1 TBSP of Authentic Foods Superfine White Rice Flour and use it to dust the area where you will stretch the dough. Stretch the dough by gently pressing the ball into a disc, using the flour to prevent sticking.
6. Add your sauce, toppings and cheese. Brush the crust with olive then place in a pre-heated oven at 500˚F
7. Bake them at 500˚F for about 7-10 minutes until the crust is golden. We recommend using a pizza stone for extra crispness.