Who doesn’t love gluten-free pizza? Let these little gems be the star of your party
You’ve shopped and wrapped gifts all day and now friends are stopping by for a glass of wine and a nosh. What to serve? Take a few minutes and whip up these holiday mini pizzas. Pair a gluten-free pizza crust mix with your favorite toppings for an appealing hot appetizer that’s home-baked and delicious. The perfect accompaniment to a glass (or two!) of cheer.
These toppings will entice even the most gourmet guests. Serve with a full-bodied red wine or an Italian sparkling white wine like Prosecco.
-Prosciutto, arugula, goat cheese and pine nuts, if tolerated
-Prosciutto, cured black olives and Asiago cheese, if tolerated
-Fresh baby spinach and chopped artichokes
Mini pizzas appeal to the kid in all of us. Serve with fruit punch, virgin for the youngsters and spiked for the adults.
-Marinara sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella
-Pizza sauce, ground beef and grated Parmesan cheese, if tolerated
-Ham and pineapple chunks
These pizzas beg for an assortment of well-chilled gluten-free beers.
-Pepperoni and avocado
-BLT pizza—crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese (or dairy-free alternative), chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
1. Prepare a gluten-free pizza crust mix according to package instructions to form a dough. Preheat the oven to the temperature recommended on the mix package.
2. Prepare a gluten-free pizza crust mix according to package instructions to form a dough. Preheat the oven to the temperature recommended on the mix package.
3. Transfer cut-out pizzas to baking sheets, greased or lined with parchment paper. If your mix calls for it, put baking sheet with cut-outs in a warm place and let rise according to package directions. Place in preheated oven and bake until edges just begin to brown.
4. While cut-outs are in the oven, wash, dry and dice green and red peppers for the topping. Prepare other toppings, as desired, and have them ready.
5. Remove cut-outs from the oven and top with your favorite gluten-free pizza sauce, using the tip of a spoon to help spread the sauce.
6. Sprinkle mozzarella on each piece and adorn with diced peppers. Return to the oven and bake until cheese melts. Serve hot.