FeaturesApril/May 2010 Issue

Report a Mislabel

If you think you’ve purchased a mislabeled product, you can report it to the appropriate government agency.

Packaged Food

Contact FDA’s district office consumer complaint coordinator in your region. Be prepared with the product UPC code. In addition, contact the product manufacturer. The customer service department may assist you.

Meat, Poultry, Eggs

Contact USDA’s Meat and Poultry Hotline at 888-674-6854. Be prepared with the brand name, product name, manufacturer, package code and EST (establishment number, usually found in the circle or shield near the “USDA passed and inspected” phrase). Keep (refrigerate or freeze) the original container or packaging, any foreign object discovered in the product and any uneaten portion of the food. USDA also suggests contacting the store where the food was purchased, as well as the product manufacturer.

Source: USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service

Comments (0)

Be the first to comment on this post using the section below.

New to Gluten Free & More?
Register for Free!

Already Registered?
Log In