Whether it’s adding moisture to a favorite dairy-free cake recipe, enjoying a bowl of dairy-free ice cream, or creating a healthy sandwich spread, So Delicious Dairy Free products are a staple in our gluten-free kitchen.
Our family turned to So Delicious Dairy Free products when we found out that we had to remove dairy and gluten from our kitchen. Their dairy-free alternative milk options saved us those first few months living dairy-free. We quickly learned how to use them as replacements for traditional dairy in recipes; So Delicious made it easy for us to cook and bake gluten-free and dairy-free. I think their milk alternative options are incredible.
My husband and oldest daughter both tolerate and love traditional dairy-based ice cream, but they will readily opt for a pint of the So Delicious dairy-free frozen dessert alternative any night. So Delicious Dairy Free offers ice cream alternatives using different types of dairy-free milk, such as coconut, almond, soy, and cashew nuts. All of their dairy-free frozen desserts are fantastic. The most popular ones in our family are cookie-based – Snickerdoodle and Chocolate Cookies and Cream. These cookies are made with gluten-free ingredients, making them a great match for my gluten-free, dairy-free household.
We usually have at least one of each of their products in our refrigerator or freezer at all times. While the switch from dairy to non-dairy alternatives may not seem easy at first, it’s painless to swap out dairy for So Delicious Dairy Free products like dairy-free milk alternatives, creamers, frozen desserts, whipped topping, and yogurt alternatives. If you’re newly facing a dairy-free life, I’m telling you how easy it is with a fabulous brand like So Delicious.
While you may be thinking about all the ways you can sub out dairy in things like breakfast cereal or baking, consider how often dairy is used in cooking too! From sauces to seasoning, butter, milk, and yogurt, dairy comes up in cooking recipes quite often. If you go dairy-free, it’s easy to sub these out for So Delicious Dairy Free products as well.
Yogurt isn’t just for layering with granola anymore. It can be used in everything from sweet to savory dishes, smoothies, sauces, and more. So Delicious Dairy Free created a Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative that I use as a replacement for regular yogurt, buttermilk, cream, and sour cream. The yogurt is coconut-based, but its flavor is versatile in recipes. I love that each yogurt alternative comes in single serving cup (5.3 oz.), and a larger family-sized container (24oz.). I usually pick up a few of each size and use the bigger containers for cooking and baking, and the smaller ones for quick snacks.
The Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative makes smoothies creamy, baked goods moist, and savory sauces smooth. I’ve been baking and cooking with the So Delicious Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative for several months now – a fan since its launch. Recently I used it as a replacement for buttermilk in buttermilk pancakes, cream in chocolate ganache, and sour cream in Gluten-Free Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff. Even though each recipe is unique, the So Delicious Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative adds another level of flavors and enhances the textures of each one. The pancakes were fluffy and had the “buttermilk” flavor, the ganache was thick, creamy and smooth, and the Stroganoff was savory and rich.
Here are 10 of my favorite ways to use So Delicious Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative:
- Use it as a 1-to-1 replacement for buttermilk in recipes like gluten-free pancakes, waffles, muffins, and quick breads.
- Make salad dressings, using the unsweetened yogurt alternative as the base.
- Use it in place of the cream in chocolate ganache recipes, stirring it in at the end when the chocolate has slightly cooled.
- Take your savory sauces for dishes like stroganoff, tuna casserole, and alfredo to the next level using unsweetened yogurt alternative as a base.
- Give your guacamole a creamy upgrade with a couple of tablespoons of plain unsweetened yogurt alternative.
- Add spices to a couple of tablespoons of Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative and spread it on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.
- Tzatziki sauce and marinades are amazing using Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative instead of sour cream.
- Do you like fried chicken? Dip your chicken into Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative, instead of egg or buttermilk, before frying.
- Create smooth, flavorful, creamy soups with the Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative instead of heavy cream.
- Cucumber salad can be a delicious and healthy side dish. Make it with Plain Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative to keep it dairy-free.
There are seemingly endless ways to use these new unsweetened yogurt alternatives from So Delicious Dairy Free. When going dairy-free, don’t forget to keep your fridge stocked with these to keep your dishes delicious!
**SPONSORED BY SO DELICIOUS DAIRY FREE**
Chrystal Carver, author of Sweet & Simple Gluten-Free Baking; Irresistible Classics in 10 Ingredients or Less! is the recipe developer and writer behind glutenfreepalate.com. She comes from a family with a history of cooking and baking, and has been an avid baker since she was little. Chrystal started developing gluten-free recipes in 2009 when her daughters both tested positive for Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI). Chrystal believes that baking gluten free should not require extravagant ingredients or complicated steps. With her background in problem solving and design for usability, she started converting everyday gluten-containing classics to easy family friendly gluten-free recipes. You can connect with Chrystal on Facebook, Twitter, and at http://www.glutenfreepalate.com.