Gluten-Free Mini Candy Cane Ice Cream Sandwiches
It is super easy to kick your sweet-treat game up a notch and make these super cute mini candy cane ice cream sandwiches!
Comments (0)Posted by Brianna Hobbs
I was so excited when Enjoy Life Foods, known for their top-8 food-allergy free snacks and treats, came out with their Mini Cookies! I was even more excited when they released their Baking Chocolate Snack Packs! Now it is easy for me to pace myself and just have a little treat, instead of, ahem, accidentally eating the entire box of crunchy chocolate chip cookies and the entire bag of mini chocolate chips.
It is also super easy to kick your sweet-treat game up a notch and make these super cute mini candy cane ice cream sandwiches! You only need two more ingredients if you already have Enjoy Life Foods’ Mini Cookies and Baking Chocolate Snack Packs in your pantry (if you don’t, you need to stock up!)
All you need is ice cream or frozen dessert – I used a top-8-free vanilla frozen dessert – and crushed candy canes.
These are seriously so cute and so easy! All you do is scoop a heaping teaspoon of dairy-free ice cream between two mini cookies and roll the edges in crushed candy canes or the contents of an Enjoy Life Foods’ Mini Chip Snack Pack. Put it back in the freezer to harden, and then pop these little frozen bonbons in your mouth! Now you have the perfect holiday treat for one (or two)!
These little allergy-friendly frozen treats would be perfect for snacking on while you watch your favorite holiday movie with a cup of steaming allergy-friendly hot chocolate (which you can make by heating up your favorite allergy-friendly milk-style beverage and stirring in one Enjoy Life Foods’ Baking Chocolate Snack Pack until it is melted. Perfection!)
Have you heard about Enjoy Life Foods new, dedicated bakery in Jeffersonville, Indiana? I was super stoked when it was announced! It is the largest allergy-friendly bakery in North America (it is 200,000 square feet!) Just imagine how many Mini Cookies and Baking Chocolate Snack Packs can come out of that size of a facility? That is a very happy thought. Allergy-friendly treats for everyone!
That also means more cookie and chip options to make these Mini Candy Cane Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- 1 Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips Snack Pack
- 1-2 allergy-friendly candy canes, crushed
- 2+ Enjoy Life Foods Mini Cookies bags (I used Crunchy Minis Chocolate Chip and Crunchy Minis Double Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup top-8-free ice cream or frozen dessert, flavor of choice, softened
- Pour the Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips and crushed candy canes into their own small bowls, so you can easily dip your ice cream sandwiches.
- Using a small spoon, scoop a heaping teaspoon of ice cream and sandwich it between 2 Enjoy Life Foods Mini Cookies. I used a melon baller, along with another spoon to help scoop the ice cream out of it.
- With the back of your spoon/scoop, smooth the ice cream so that it is even and doesn’t stick out irregularly.
- Immediately roll the ice cream in the crushed candy canes or mini chips, to adhere. Then place it back in the freezer to harden.
Happy Holidays from Enjoy Life Foods and Gluten Free & More Magazine’s Blog!
[SPONSORED BY ENJOY LIFE FOODS]
Brianna Hobbs blogs at Flippin' Delicious - a gluten-free recipe site. She loves creating gluten-free, allergy-friendly recipes for snack-worthy meals and desserts that taste just like what you had when you were a kid.