Going Gluten-FreeJuly 31, 2013


Comments (1)

Posted by Alicia Woodward

The world has tragically lost another beautiful youngster to severe food allergy. This week, 13-year-old Natalie Giorgi succumbed to anaphylaxis. The tragedy occurred in California at Camp Sacramento where Natalie and her family were vacationing.

NBC News reports that Natalie, who was peanut allergic, mistook a peanut butter topping on a rice crispy treat for chocolate. After biting into the dessert, she immediately spit it out but developed anaphylaxis several minutes later. Paramedics responded promptly. Her father, Louis Giorgi, a doctor, administered epinephrine three times but was unable to save her.

In a statement reported in the media, Natalie’s parents expressed the hope that their daughter’s death would alert others to the dangers of food allergies:

“While our hearts are breaking over the tragic loss of our beautiful daughter Natalie, it is our hope that others can learn from this and realize that nut and food allergies are life-threatening. Caution and care for those (afflicted) should always be supported and taken.”

The Living Without team sends our deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences to Natalie’s parents, family and friends. And we reaffirm our commitment to doing all we can to help make the world a better and safer place for those with food allergies and sensitivities.


Comments (1)

Great blog and this magazine will be of great help for those who are dealing with allergies and food sensitivities and will help them in leading healthy and active lifestyle. For healthy lifestyle and to prevent from major health problems we must exercise regularly and watch what we eat. Found great stuff for a healthy life so bookmarked the link for further reference.
chiropractic libertyville il

Posted by: michealholding | August 28, 2013 2:45 AM    Report this comment

New to Gluten Free & More?
Register for Free!

Already Registered?
Log In