By using certified gluten-free Living Now baking mixes from Now Foods, you can make the holidays a bit easier!
We all need help around the holidays, and sometimes that means making everything from mixes instead of scratch baking. Using gluten-free mixes saves time and energy – which we’re often short on during the busy holiday season. We’d love to introduce you to some of our favorite mixes from Now Foods – the Living Now® baking mixes
They’re certified gluten free and non-GMO. These mixes are friendly to those with food allergies, free from the top 8 most-common food allergies including dairy, soy, nuts, and eggs! Don’t miss these great mixes available at a store near you!
Baking and Pancake Mix
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mix
Organic Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (certified organic)
We’ve been using the Gluten-Free Baking and Pancake Mix to make a new take on holiday fruit cake – gluten-free and allergen friendly of course! This recipe originally appears on Now Foods extensive online recipe collection featuring Chef Suzy Singh’s recipes.
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: Serves 10, makes 1 loaf
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 teabag of choice
- ½ cup organic cranberry juice
- ¾ cup Living Now® Sugarless Sugar™ (or sugar of choice)
- ¼ cup mango slices
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup papaya spears
- 1 ¼ cups Living Now® Gluten-Free Baking and Pancake Mix
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 egg (or egg substitute of choice)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° F and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Steep teabag in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Place Sugarless Sugar (or sugar of choice), apricots, mango, and papaya in a large bowl. Pour in cranberry juice and hot tea. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Sift together baking mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Stir coconut oil and egg into fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir batter until just moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until done.
Using packaged mixes is one way to make the holiday season easier – and let’s face it, sometimes tastier too! By using a box mix, like these Living Now® mixes, you’ll be able to save time and energy and spend more time and energy with friends and family.Originally posted December 2017