We’ve featured Stabilyze nutrition bars before, but you might have thought the name was a little unique for a bar. What’s behind the name? We tell you all about how Stabilyze bars stabilize blood sugar levels as a snack bar with nutrition and essential vitamins and minerals.
Blood sugar, or blood glucose, is the amount of glucose that’s in your blood. According to Mayo Clinic, “when you eat, your body breaks down carbohydrates from foods into various sugar molecules, including glucose.”
“Glucose is the main energy source for your body, but it can’t enter the cells of most of your tissues without the help of insulin — a hormone secreted by your pancreas. When glucose levels rise, certain cells in your pancreas release insulin. This allows glucose to enter the cells and provide the fuel your cells need to function properly. Any extra glucose is stored in your liver and muscles in the form of glycogen. If you haven’t eaten for several hours and your blood sugar level drops, another hormone from your pancreas called glucagon signals your liver to break down the stored glycogen and release glucose back into your bloodstream. This keeps your blood sugar level within a normal range until you eat again.”
However, those with diabetes do not make enough insulin or are not responsive to insulin. “As a result, glucose tends to build up in the bloodstream and may reach dangerously high levels. To correct this problem, someone with diabetes may take insulin or other drugs to lower blood sugar levels. But too much insulin or other diabetes medications may cause your blood sugar level to drop too low, causing hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia may also happen if you don’t eat as much food as usual after taking diabetes medication, or if you exercise more than you normally would.”
If you have diabetes, you can learn more about managing your diabetes with Stabilyze bars on their recent blog post. Even if you don’t have diabetes, some people may have issues keeping blood sugars regulated.
Stabilyze bars helps sustain stable blood sugar levels to avoid spikes or drops – hypogylcemia or hyperglycemia. How are these bars perfect for stabilizing blood sugar levels?
- Perfect balance of protein using whey protein that contains all nine essential amino acids including leucine. Leucine is beneficial to build and maintain muscle mass which in turn can affect body fat loss, and also associated with decreasing plasma insulin and improving the triglyceride profile.
- Low net carbs to minimize the sugar spikes
- Bars are formulated with selenium, magnesium, chromium and zinc along with 18 additional vitamins and minerals to help keep blood sugar and energy levels balanced.
But these bars aren’t just to stabilize blood sugar levels – Stabilyze is about focusing on the whole body. These bars also offer:
- High protein (12 grams) for pre-workout or post-workout
- Certified gluten free
- Less than 200 calories per bar
- Includes B6/B12 for energy levels
- Prebiotic fiber to help keep the lower gut healthy and keep gut bacteria well fed
Please note that Stabilyze bars contain dairy, tree nuts, and peanuts – based on variety.
Gluten Free & More is offering 10% off AND FREE SHIPPING (until 1/31/19) using the coupon code ‘take10’ for a purchase of any of Stabilyze products – including sample packs! Please note this coupon is for US only.