Watermelon Mint Salad
Light and refreshing, this salad is a lovely addition to any meal. You can cube the watermelon and cheese (if using) the day before. The dressing (without the mint and pepper) can be prepared ahead, too. Assemble and dress the salad just before serving. Omit the feta if you’re avoiding dairy.
5 cups cubed fresh watermelon
8 ounces feta cheese, in small cubes, optional
¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
-Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
-Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3-4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large glass bowl, combine watermelon cubes and feta, if using, and toss gently.
2. To make dressing, place lime juice, 3 to 4 tablespoons honey (to taste) and olive oil in a small bowl and stir to combine.
3. Pour dressing over melon and toss gently to coat.
4. Add mint strips and black pepper and stir gently.
5. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Each serving contains 210 calories, 13g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 33mg cholesterol, 419mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 18g sugars, 6g protein, 9 Est GL.