Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cannellini Beans
SERVES 12 TO 14
This Italian version of Brussels sprouts combines roasted vegetables with cannellini beans and stock. Top it with shaved Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese or a dairy-free cheese replacement, if desired.
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
¼ teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1½ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup gluten-free, dairy-free turkey, chicken or vegetable broth
-Shaved Parmesan, Grana Padano or dairy-free cheese replacement, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss in the Brussels sprouts, stirring them in oil until evenly coated.
3. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes (turning sprouts over once) or until outside leaves are crisp and lightly browned. Remove and cool slightly.
4. Place cannellini beans and broth in a large pot and simmer about 10 minutes. Add roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl or tray. Salt and pepper, to taste. Top with cheese, if desired.