1 medium onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
28oz can tomato sauce
10 can mushrooms
1 cup water
½ package gluten-free lasagna noodles, cooked
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 ounces sliced Mozzarella cheese
1 tsp salt
1 cup cottage cheese
1 clove garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute onion and garlic in small amount of oil. Add ground beef and brown.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, water, oregano and quinoa. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. If sauce is too thin, add a ½ cup uncooked quinoa to thicken).
4. Into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, layer the following: one-third sauce, one third noodles, one third sauce, one third noodles, cottage cheese, one third noodles, one third sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes to melt cheese.
Reprinted with permission from Northern Quinoa Corporation.