Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Baked Oatmeal Bars
Healthy and delicious, these oatmeal bars deliver on-the-go convenience for a quick breakfast or snack—a portable energy boost that can be tucked into a lunchbox or knapsack. Low in fat and sugar, they’re free of gluten and dairy and can be made egg free with tasty results.
2 cups gluten-free regular or old-fashioned rolled
oats (not instant or quick cook)
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup lite canned coconut milk or fat-free milk of choice
1 egg or egg replacer*
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup Stevia in the Raw or granulated sugar or equivalent sweetener of choice
1¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ cup raisins or chopped dates, more for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil an 8x8-inch pan.
2. Combine dry ingredients, except raisins, in a food processor and pulse to mix well or mix well by hand.
3. Add liquids and mix well. Then gently incorporate raisins into mixture.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle a few raisins on top.
5. Place pan in preheated oven and bake 30 to 35 minutes. (Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.) Remove from oven and cut into squares.
Each bar contains 150 calories, 4g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 26mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 4g protein.
Recipe developed by Madalene Rhyand, Living Without test kitchen.