MAKES 8 CREPES
These thin, versatile pancakes, which can be made dairy-free, work with either sweet or savory fillings. Delicious with any fresh fruit, such as fresh strawberries or Blueberry Filling, you can also stuff them with leftover veggies, such as sauteed spinach, cooked lentils or even mashed sweet potatoes with fresh chives.
Folded in half, quartered or rolled, crepes are the perfect finger food. Try them as an appetizer for your next party or create a crepe buffet with a variety of fillings and let guests make their own selections.
½ cup gluten-free flour blend
½ cup milk of choice (dairy, rice, soy,
¼ cup warm water
1½ tablespoons sugar or 1 tablespoon honey or agave
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons grape seed oil or melted coconut oil + more for pan
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Do not over-mix or batter will become foamy.
2. Pour batter into a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
3. Using a paper towel, wipe the inside of a well-seasoned 6- to 8-inch crêpe pan, cast iron or non-stick skillet with a small amount of oil. Place pan over medium heat.
4. Stir the batter and pour 2 tablespoons into the pan, tilting to coat the bottom with a very thin layer of batter. Cook just until the top is set and edges are slightly browned. Turn crepe over and cook the other side until it’s lightly browned. Cook remaining crepes, stirring the batter before each one.
5. Place finished crêpes between sheets of parchment or waxed paper. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use. Reheat gently in microwave or in preheated 325-degree oven.