Gluten-Free Party Chicken Nuggets
MAKES 48 NUGGETS
Chicken nuggets are a top choice for children of all ages. There's no need to pull out the deep fryer for this recipe. Simply shake and bake. Let the kids choose from a variety of dips, such as honey, barbecue sauce or mustard. These tasty nuggets can be made without dairy with good results.
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into nugget-size pieces (about 6 pieces
1 cup plain yogurt or nondairy yogurt or enough olive oil to coat
1 cup cornmeal
2 cups gluten-free cornflake crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a sheet pan.
2. Coat the chicken pieces with yogurt or olive oil.
3. Place cornmeal, cornflakes and spices in a Ziploc bag. Seal and shake to thoroughly combine ingredients.
4. Place coated chicken in cornmeal mixture. Seal the bag and shake to completely cover all the pieces with crumbs.
5. Place breaded chicken pieces on prepared sheet pan. Bake in preheated oven until cooked through, about 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
6. Serve warm with a gluten-free dipping sauce.
Each nugget contains 39 calories, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 12mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 5g protein.
Recipe by Sara Pluta.