MAKES ONE 9½-INCH PIE
This pie, has a filling that's just the right combination of tart and sweet.
6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into ¼-inch pieces
2-3 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend of choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅔ cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free alternative, melted
2 pie crusts, one partially baked
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place apples into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour mix, cinnamon and sugar, mixing until it's a uniform color. Sprinkle mixture over the apples and combine gently until apples are evenly coated.
4. Mound apples into partially baked bottom crust. Drizzle butter over the fruit.
5. Top filling with second pie crust and crimp edges to seal.
6. Brush top crust with egg wash. Or brush with high-protein milk of choice and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake pie in preheated oven for one hour or until fruit is tender and crust is golden brown. If pie needs to bake longer, cover it lightly with foil to prevent over-browning.