Gluten-Free No-Knead Breadsticks
MAKES 30 GLUTEN-FREE BREADSTICKS
These easy gluten-free breadsticks can be baked on parchment-lined baking sheets or a pizza stone.
1 recipe Beth’s No-Knead Bread dough
Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water), optional
1. Prepare Beth’s No-Knead Bread through step 5. Coat a sheet of parchment paper with oil.
2. Pull dough into walnut-size pieces. Roll pieces in oil to coat and form into 8-inch logs.
3. Set breadsticks on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Cover and place in a draft-free, relatively warm spot to rise 30 minutes.
4. Remove cover. Brush with egg wash, if desired.
5. Place breadsticks in preheated 450°F oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
6. When done, remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
TIP: The longer the dough sits, the more sourdough flavor it develops. This is a nice surprise, since sourdough is a difficult flavor to create in gluten-free baking.