Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Makes 4 servings of gluten-free chicken parm!
Not only is this the fastest Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan you’ll ever make, this recipe is low in calories and fat. For more nutrients, serve it with Gluten-Free Spaghetti Squash instead of pasta.
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast filets (about 1½ pounds)
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese or dairy-free alternative
1 tablespoon chopped basil,
fresh or freeze-dried (1 tea- spoon dried)
¾ cup gluten-free Panko-style bread crumbs or crumbs of choice
⅔ cup good-quality marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spoon 1 tablespoon olive oil over the surface of a 9x13-inch Pyrex pan.
2. Arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared pan. Turn pieces to coat with olive oil in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a small bowl, combine cheese, basil and breadcrumbs. Set aside.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons marinara sauce over each chicken piece. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over sauce. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over breadcrumbs.
5. Place chicken in preheated oven and bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and breadcrumb topping is slightly brown on the edges.