Gluten-Free Presto Pizza Crust
Quick, easy and delicious
Pizza tops the list of foods many of us miss most when we go gluten free (and dairy free, too). And why not? Who doesn’t love sinking their teeth into a hot, chewy crust topped with fresh tomato sauce, melted cheese and favorite fixings?
Yes, it’s getting easier to find gluten-free pizza these days—but homemade still tastes best. Plus if you make it yourself, you can customize ingredients and tailor toppings to your taste buds and dietary needs.
This gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free pizza crust can be prepared in the blink of an eye. Start to finish, it takes just 25 minutes for a thin crust (not including time in the oven). It’s certain to make pizza night a regular happening at your house.
Double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd. Then line up bowls of toppings and let everyone personalize their own pies.
8 ingredients | 25 minutes
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Presto Pizza Crust
SERVES 2 TO 3 (8 SLICES)
Anything goes with this basic pizza crust. Enjoy traditional toppings of tomato sauce and dairy-free shredded cheese or make it Hawaiian with slices of prosciutto and pineapple. Measure out ingredients ahead of time to speed preparation time.
1½ cups gluten-free All-Purpose Flour Blend (preferably with some high- protein flour)
2 teaspoons yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons xanthan gum (if not included in flour blend)
¾ teaspoon salt (if not included in flour blend)
¾ cup warm water (110°–115°F)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1. Combine flour blend, yeast, sugar, xanthan gum and salt. Add liquids and beat 2 to 3 minutes until dough forms.
2. Lightly oil a 12-inch pizza pan.
3. Transfer dough to center of prepared pan. Cover with an oiled sheet of plastic wrap. Using the palm of your hand, press the dough to flatten and fill the pan. Dough should be about ¼-inch thick.
4. Leave the plastic wrap over the dough and let it rise 10 to 20 minutes.*
5. While dough rises, preheat oven to 425°F.
6. Remove plastic. Cover dough with your favorite gluten-free tomato sauce and toppings.
7. Place pizza in preheated oven and bake 12 to 14 minutes on lowest rack until cheese melts and crust browns at edges. If crust is thick, bake 20 minutes.