1) Start with cold shortening and cold ingredients. Keep your biscuit making ingredients in the fridge.
2) Work flour into layers:
- After mixing the dough, scoop it out of the bowl and put it on the counter on top of a dusting of GF flour.
- Dust the top of the dough with flour the press it down to flatten by hand only enough to: Fold one third of the dough from the left to the right, then one third from the right to the left, then roll it toward you from the back.
- Set this aside, dust the counter again and then repeat the dusting, folding, and rolling one more time.
- Re-dust the counter, place the dough in the dusting, then roll at cut.
- > Steve Moody
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:48 pm